Mt: Thelu Expedition (6,001 M)
13N / 14D
P & D
Uttarkashi To Uttarkashi
may, june, september, october
uttarkashi-gangotri-bhojwasa-rakthban base camp-summit-rakthban base camp-bhojwasa-gangotri-uttarkashi
Mount Thelu Expedition: Conquering the Majestic Peak
Mount Thelu falls in the Garhwal range of the Himalayas. The region is called a mountaineer’s paradise, as one has ample opportunities to climb here. Mountaineers from all around the world can be seen here, with dreams of climbing one of the mountains in the region. The range consists of some of the main peaks of the Garhwal region, like, Mt. Shivling, Mt. Meru 1,2,3, Mt. Thalaysagar, Mt. Saifi 1,2, Mt. Sudarshan, Mt. Bhrigupanth, Mt. Kedar Dome, Mt. Chaukhamba, Mt. Bhagirathi 1,2,3, Mt. Satopanth and countless unnamed peaks. A little bit of information about some peaks, as I know, is given below.
Amongst these various peaks, Mt. Satopanth and Mt. Thalaysagar are considered two toughest ones to climb. People say that even the approach march to the base camp of these peaks constitutes a long trek within itself. Mt. Shivling is known for its East Pillar, which was first climbed by Doug Scott in a truely alpine style.
One of our mentors, Mr. Surendra Chavan, fondly called S A, is a summiteer of Mt. Satopanth as well as Mt. Everest. We were fortunate enough to get some tips from him, during our practise sessions in the Sahyadris.
Mt. Chaukhamba is another remote peak, for which, one has to place 6 to 7 camps on the Bhagirathi glacier, known for its treacherous morrain, the snout of which is nothing else but the sacred “Gaumukh”, the birth of river Ganga.
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Food during the transit.
4. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
6. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges.
Note : Charges of off loading backpack:- INR 8000/- The backpack cannot weigh more
than 10 kgs.
Why Choose Us?
✅ Recognised by Government of India
✅ Special Focus on safety
✅ Local Knowledge and Experience
✅ High Operating equipment
✅ Friendly and kind staff
✅ Value of time and money
✅ Guarantee fixed departures
✅ Save time and effort
Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the Trip
a. Get 95% refund
B. 100% cash voucher for any trip till one year
Cancellation between 30 days and 15 days to the start of the Trip
• Get 70% cash refund
• 100% cash voucher for same trip till one year
• 80% cash voucher for any trip till one year
Cancellation less than 15 days to the start of the trek
• No refund
EXPLORE TO UTTARKASHI
- Explore to Vishwanath Temple.
- Preparation for further move.
- Overnight stay in hotel.
WISIT TO GANGOTRI
- Mount Thelu expedition starts from the holy city of Gangotri. The drive from Uttarkashi to Gangotri is a 100 km road trip through winding mountain roads. Which will pass through Harshil Valley.
- After reaching Gangotri, we will attend evening aarti at Gangotri temple. And seek blessings for the successful completion of the campaign. We will spend the night at a hotel in Gangotri
DAY OF GANGOTRI
- We will visit Gangotri on the day of Acclimatization such as Surya Kund. Pandava Gufa, Gangotri Mujem, and attend Ganga ji Aarti in the evening.
- Overnight stay in hotel.
THE TREKKING TRAIL
Today is the first day you’ll be trekking for the Mt. Thelu Expedition. We’ll be waking up early, having breakfast, and start our trek towards Bhojwasa. The entire trek is in the Gangotri National Park.
The trek today is of gentle and easy ascent. It is a well-paved path and you will also meet several pilgrims on the way to Gaumukh and Gangotri glacier. The views of Sudarshan Parbat will accompany you soon after starting your trek. You will be trekking beside the Bhagirathi river. You can hear the gentle and meditating sound of the Bhagirathi river flowing down below.
Once you reach Chirbasa, rest and have some snacks and continue your trek towards the Bhojwasa campsite. The trail to Bhojwasa has several landslide-prone sections as well so we will need to be careful and watchful for any falling rocks.
Just before you reach Bhojwasa, you will see views of the whole valley ahead of you. This is an amazing viewpoint. Once you reach Bhojwasa, you can get the first views of Mt. Shivling. The Bhagirathi river flows just beside the campsite overnight in tents.
CLOSE VIEWS OF MOUNTAINS
- Today we will be trekking to Raktban, the base camp of Mount Thelu expedition. The path of Raktaban continues at the snout of Gangotri Glacier, over Gaumakh and beyond. We will cross the moraine and glacier and continue to the left and head towards Raktaban – a beautiful meadow.
Once we reach that, we will relax and allow our body to adapt to the high altitude environment. We will spend time discussing the route of the climb and observing the features of the mountain. We will also have a briefing and training session in the evening to refresh our technical climbing skills.
Eat dinner and rest in the night tent.
- Base camp acclimatization day.
- Overnight stay in tents.
NEXT 7 DAYS
- Next 7 days for Acclimatization, Establish higher camps and summit Mt. Thelu Expedition (6,001M).
Meals: All meals with high altitude food
- Departure form Uttarkashi
Mount Thelu Expedition with Great Adventure Gangotri
Contact us for planning your Thelu Expedition with best travel packages of as per your requirements!
INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL MEMBERSHIP
Recognised by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India as Inbound tour operator & Adventure tour operator. Registered with Indian Mountaineering Foundation. ( IMF )
EVENTS BY ACTIVITY
EVENTS BY GRADE
EVENTS BY DURATION
FOLLOW US ON
©2023. greatadventure.in All Rights Reserved.