Mt: Satopanth Expedition (7,075 M)
21N / 22D
P & D
Uttarkashi To Uttarkashi
may, june, september, october
Mount Satopanth Expedition: Conquering the Majestic Peak
Satopanth Expedition is a challenging mountaineering expedition in the Indian Himalayas located in the state of Uttarakhand. The peak is situated at an altitude of 7,075 meters (23,218 ft) and is considered one of the most difficult peaks to climb in India.
The expedition starts from the holy place Gangotri and involves a trek of about 35 kilometers to reach the base camp of the mountain. The trek takes you through beautiful valleys, dense forests and high altitude passes, providing a spectacular glimpse of the Himalayan landscape.
From base camp, climbing involves traversing steep ridges, negotiating crevasses, and climbing technical ice walls to reach the summit. The climb is challenging and requires technical mountaineering skills, endurance, and adaptation to high altitude.
The best time to attempt Satopanth Abhiyan is during the summer months of May to June and the autumn months of September to October. However, the weather in the Himalayas is unpredictable, and climbers must be prepared for unexpected changes in weather conditions.
Overall, the Satopanth Expedition is a challenging and rewarding climb, which offers breathtaking views of the Himalayas and an unforgettable mountaineering experience.
History of Mount Satopanth Expedition
Satopanth Mountain expedition dates back several decades, with mountaineers from different corners of the world attempting to conquer its summit. The first successful ascent of Satopanth was achieved in 1947 by a British expedition led by Sir Edmund Hillary, a name synonymous with mountaineering achievements, particularly as one of the first climbers to conquer Mount Everest.
Since then, numerous expeditions have followed, each leaving its mark on the mountain’s history. These endeavors have not only tested the physical and mental prowess of climbers but have also contributed to our understanding of the Himalayas and their delicate ecosystems.
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Food during the transit.
4. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
6. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges.
Note : Charges of off loading backpack:- INR 8000/- The backpack cannot weigh more
than 10 kgs.
Why Choose Us?
✅ Recognised by Government of India
✅ Special Focus on safety
✅ Local Knowledge and Experience
✅ High Operating equipment
✅ Friendly and kind staff
✅ Value of time and money
✅ Guarantee fixed departures
✅ Save time and effort
Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the Trip
a. Get 95% refund
B. 100% cash voucher for any trip till one year
Cancellation between 30 days and 15 days to the start of the Trip
• Get 70% cash refund
• 100% cash voucher for same trip till one year
• 80% cash voucher for any trip till one year
Cancellation less than 15 days to the start of the trek
• No refund
EXPLORE TO UTTARKASHI
- Explore to Vishwanath Temple.
- Preparation for further move
- Overnight stay in hotel.
DAY TO GANGOTRI
- Mount Satopanth expedition starts from the holy city of Gangotri. The drive from Uttarkashi to Gangotri is a 100 km road trip through winding mountain roads. vehicles will pick you up at Uttarkashi hotel at 08:00 AM. You can expect to reach Gangotri by evening.
- After reaching Gangotri, we will attend evening Aarti at Gangotri temple. and seek blessings for successful completion of the campaign. We will spend the night at a guest house in Gangotri level.
EXPLORE TO GANGOTRI
- We will visit Gangotri on the day of acclimatization such as Surya Kund, Pandava Gufa. Gangotri mujem, and attend Ganga ji Aarti in the evening.
- Overnight stay in guest house
DAY TO BHOJWASA
Today is the first day you’ll be trekking for the Mt. Satopanth expedition. we’ll be waking up early, having breakfast, and start our trek towards Bhojwasa. The entire trek is in the Gangotri National Park.
The trek today is of gentle and easy ascent. It is a well-paved path and you will also meet several pilgrims on the way to Gaumukh and Gangotri glacier. The views of Sudarshan Parbat will with you soon after starting your trek. You will be trekking beside the Bhagirathi river. You can hear the gentle and meditating sound of the Bhagirathi river flowing down below.
Once you reach Chirbasa, rest and have some snacks. and continue your trek towards the Bhojwasa campsite. The trail to Bhojwasa has several landslide-prone sections. as well so we will need to be careful and watchful for any falling rocks.
right now before you reach Bhojwasa, you will see views of the whole valley ahead of you. This is an amazing viewpoint. Once you reach Bhojwasa, you can get the first views of Mt. Shivling. The Bhagirathi river flows right now beside the campsite overnight stay in tents
THE TREKKING TRAIL
- We will be trekking to Nandanvan today, the base camp for the Mt. Satopanth expedition. The trail to Nandanvan continues up and beyond Gaumukh, the snout of the Gangotri glacier.
We’ll be crossing the moraine and glacier and continue towards the left and a Nandanvan – a beautiful meadow.
Once we arrive, we will rest. And allow your body to adapt to the high altitude environment.
We will spend time discussing the route of the climb and observing the features of the mountain.
We will also have a briefing and training session. in the evening to refresh our technical climbing skills.
have your dinner and rest well for the night in tent.
CLOSE VIEW MOUNTAIN
- We will to Vasukital base camp of Mount Satopanth campaign. We visit Vasukital which is the base camp of Mount Satopanth expedition.
- Overnight stay in tents.
- Base camp acclimatization day
- Overnight stay in tents
NEXT 13 DAYS
- Next 13 days for Acclimatization, Establish higher camps and summit Mt. Satopanth Expedition 7,075 mtr
All meals with high altitude food
- Descend Gnagotri 14 km 3 to 4 hrs
- Same day drive to Uttarkashi 100 km 5 to 6 hrs
Mount Satopanth Expedition with Great Adventure Gangotri
Contact us for planning your Satopanth Expedition with best travel packages of as per your requirements!
INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL MEMBERSHIP
Recognised by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India as Inbound tour operator & Adventure tour operator. Registered with Indian Mountaineering Foundation. ( IMF )
EVENTS BY ACTIVITY
EVENTS BY GRADE
EVENTS BY DURATION
FOLLOW US ON
©2023. greatadventure.in All Rights Reserved.