Nandanvan Trek Adventurous Journey in the Himalayas
Gangotri-Nandanvan Trek is a popular trekking route located in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. The trek starts from the town of Gangotri, which is situated at an altitude of 3,048 meters above sea level and is known for its ancient Gangotri Temple, dedicated to the goddess Ganga.
Trek follows the Bhagirathi River upstream, passing through dense forests of pine and deodar trees, and offers stunning views of the Himalayan peaks. The trail then leads to the meadows of Bhojbasa, which is situated at an altitude of 3,768 meters and serves as a base camp for the trek to Gaumukh, the source of the Ganges River.
From Bhojbasa, the trail climbs steeply towards the Nandanvan meadow, which is situated at an altitude of 4,338 meters and is surrounded by towering Himalayan peaks. The meadow is known for its breathtaking views of Shivling, Meru, and Bhagirathi peaks, and is a popular spot for camping.
Trek to Nandanvan is considered to be moderately difficult, and requires a good level of fitness and acclimatization to the high altitude. The best time to undertake this trek is from May to October, when the weather is relatively stable and the views are clear.
Gangotri-Nandanvan Trek is a must-do for adventure enthusiasts and nature lovers, offering a unique opportunity to explore the rugged beauty of the Himalayas and experience the serenity of the high altitude meadows.
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Food during the transit.
4. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
6. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges.
Note : Charges of offloading backpack:- INR 1800/- The backpack cannot weigh more
than 10 kgs.
Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the Trip
a. Get 95% refund
B. 100% cash voucher for any trip till one year
Cancellation between 30 days and 15 days to the start of the Trip
• Get 70% cash refund
• 100% cash voucher for same trip till one year
• 80% cash voucher for any trip till one year
Cancellation less than 15 days to the start of the trek
• No refund
EXPLORE TO UTTARKASHI
- Explore to Vishwanath Temple.
- Overnight stay in hotel.
DAY OF GANGOTRI
- Today we will leave for Gangotri in Uttarkashi district which is about 100 kms away. On the way we will pass through Gangnani hot spring, Harshil and Bhairov valley. On arrival, we will check-in at the already booked hotel and rest for sometime. Later in the evening, we will visit Gangotri temple. to participate in the aarti and darshan of Goddess Ganga. Later, we will return to the hotel after dinner and stay overnight.
DAY OF BHOJAWASA
- We will start our day a little early in the morning and finish our breakfast. Early to depart for our first trekking experience. We will trek from Gangotri to Bhojwasa via Chirbasa, which is about 14 kms away and requires 5 to 6 hours to reach. Initial trek to Chirbasa, an adobe of pine trees. Quality is easy as we will walk along the flat track and the unstoppable Bhagirathi river. However, after Bhojwasa, the track’s land is actually there. Fertile and known by some professional trekkers as the arctic tundra. On reaching Bhojwasa. We will set up our camp at a possible camp site near the river and rest for some time. Later in the afternoon, we will explore the areas around the camp site for ourselves. And watch the beautiful sunset at Bhagirathi Peak. Enjoy dinner and tent stay at Bhojwasa.
THE TREKKING TRAIL
- Today we will wake up early in the morning to see the stunning views of group of Bhagirathi peaks. After morning breakfast, we will trek from Bhojwassa to Gomukh, the source of the Ganges. The place got its name from their shapes that appear as the mouth of a cow. According to the legend, Gomukh is the place from where the water of holy Ganga River falls down from the glaciers. On reaching Gomukh, we will explore the region and thereafter continue trekking ahead towards Tapovan, one of the high towering height alpine meadows with beautiful background. The place is famous for its wild flowers, spectacular meadows and gleaming streams. Tapovan is a gateway for various trekking routes and hold a huge base camp. On reaching Tapovan, we will set up the tents and enjoy dinner followed by an overnight in tents.
CLOSE VIEW MOUNTAINS
- Today’s trail will turn out to be one of the most treasured experiences of your life.. However, be careful and be careful to tell your story to others.. By now you must have seen a rough glacier from afar, or maybe walk on it Even if you’ve seen it, you’ll pass it on today!! As you start the day, we head to the glacier, and then begin. our exciting journey across the wide glacier, which has crevices. tar, huge boulders, loose rocks and a chunk of ice at the bottom. It is an unstable moving river. carefully!! Trekking on the wide glacier requires immense energy and good motivation. After crossing it, we begin our steep climb to Nandanvan. a beautiful meadow surrounded by towering peaks and glaciers. Overnight in tent.
BACK TO BHOJWASA
- Morning after breakfast, we will leave for Nandanvan for Bhojbasa Which will take around 5 to 6 hours.
- Overnight stay in tents.
BACK TO GANGOTRI /UTTARKASHI
- Morning after breakfast, we will leave for Bhojbasa for Gangotri. Which will take around 4 to 5 hours. Same day drive to Uttarkashi 100 km.
- Overnight stay in hotel.
- Morning post breakfast, we will drive from Uttarkashi to Rishikesh which is 168 kms. Which will take around 5 to 6 hours.
- Departure day.
Tapovan Nandanvan Trek with Great Adventure Gangotri
Contact us for planning your Gaumukh Tapovan Trek with best travel packages of as per your requirements!
EVENTS BY ACTIVITY
EVENTS BY GRADE
EVENTS BY DURATION
FOLLW US ON
©2023. greatadventure.in All Rights Reserved.