Kalindi Khal pass (5,950 M)
14N / 15D
P & D
Uttarkashi To rishikesh
may, june, september, october
uttarkashi-gangotri-bhojwasa-nandanvan-khara pathar-sweta glacier-kalindi khal-raja paraw-ghastoli-badrinath-rishikesh
Kalindi Khall Pass: Conquering the Majestic Pass
Kalindi Khal Pass is a high altitude mountain pass located in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. It connects the holy town of Gangotri to the village of Badrinath and is situated at an elevation of 5,950 meters (19,520 feet) above sea level.
The trek to Kalindi Khal pass involves crossing several high-altitude glaciers, moraines, boulder fields, and steep rocky terrain. It is a long and strenuous trek that usually takes around two weeks to complete. Along the way, trekkers can enjoy breathtaking views of snow-capped peaks, pristine alpine lakes, and vast glaciers.
The pass is named after the Kalindi river that flows from the snout of the Gangotri Glacier and joins the Alaknanda river near the village of Mana. The trek to the Kalindi Khal Pass is a challenging and strenuous one, as it involves navigating through steep slopes, snow-covered trails, and glacial streams. And it requires a high level of physical fitness, mountaineering skills, and proper gear.
Kalindi Khal Pass offers breathtaking views of the surrounding Himalayan peaks, including Shivling, Meru, and Bhagirathi III. It is a popular destination for adventure enthusiasts, mountaineers, and trekkers seeking an adrenaline-pumping experience in the midst of natural beauty.
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Food during the transit.
4. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
6. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges.
Note : Charges of off loading backpack:- INR 8000/- The backpack cannot weigh more
than 10 kgs.
Why Choose Us?
✅ Recognised by Government of India
✅ Special Focus on safety
✅ Local Knowledge and Experience
✅ High Operating equipment
✅ Friendly and kind staff
✅ Value of time and money
✅ Guarantee fixed departures
✅ Save time and effort
Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the Trip
a. Get 95% refund
B. 100% cash voucher for any trip till one year
Cancellation between 30 days and 15 days to the start of the Trip
• Get 70% cash refund
• 100% cash voucher for same trip till one year
• 80% cash voucher for any trip till one year
Cancellation less than 15 days to the start of the trek
• No refund
EXPLORE TO UTTARKASHI
- Explore to Vishwanath Temple.
- Preparation for further move.
- Overnight stay in hotel.
WISIT TO GANGOTRI
- Kalindi khal pass starts from the holy city of Gangotri. The drive from Uttarkashi to Gangotri is a 100 km road trip through winding mountain roads. Which will pass through Harshil Valley.
- After reaching Gangotri, we will attend evening aarti at Gangotri temple. And seek blessings for the successful completion of the campaign. We will spend the night at a hotel in Gangotri
DAY OF GANGOTRI
- We will visit Gangotri on the day of Acclimatization such as Surya Kund. Pandava Gufa, Gangotri Mujem, and attend Ganga ji Aarti in the evening.
- Overnight stay in hotel.
THE TREKKING TRAIL
Today is the first day you’ll be trekking for the Kalindi Khal Pass. We’ll be waking up early, having breakfast, and start our trek towards Bhojwasa. The entire trek is in the Gangotri National Park.
The trek today is of gentle and easy ascent. It is a well-paved path and you will also meet several pilgrims on the way to Gaumukh and Gangotri glacier. The views of Sudarshan Parbat will accompany you soon after starting your trek. You will be trekking beside the Bhagirathi river. You can hear the gentle and meditating sound of the Bhagirathi river flowing down below.
Once you reach Chirbasa, rest and have some snacks and continue your trek towards the Bhojwasa campsite. The trail to Bhojwasa has several landslide-prone sections as well so we will need to be careful and watchful for any falling rocks.
Just before you reach Bhojwasa, you will see views of the whole valley ahead of you. This is an amazing viewpoint. Once you reach Bhojwasa, you can get the first views of Mt. Shivling. The Bhagirathi river flows just beside the campsite overnight in tents.
CLOSE VIEWS OF MOUNTAINS
- Early in the mornig enjoy the penoramic view of the Bhagirthi group of peaks after breakfast trek to Gaumukh 3,895 mtr the source of Ganges. Gaumukh is where the water of Ganga trickles down form the glaciers. The sages called it Gaumukh because in the distant past it probably appeared like a cow ‘s mouth. Explore the area and trek to Tapovan one of the finest high altitude alpine meadows in the area. The trek form Gaumukh to Tapovan is ascent steep and as we climb the view of the surrounding peaks become clearer Tapovan know for its beautiful meadows that encircle the base camp of the Shivling peak Tapovan is a very pleasant surprise spotwith a large meadow camplete with a bubbling streams wildflowers and campsites. Herds of Bhral ( blue mountain goats ) are a common sight from here on mountain ridges .On the far side of the glacier the Bhagirthi l, ll, lll, 6,454 mtr provide an equally impressive backdrop. It is also the little wonder where sadhus and saints choose this spot for extended meditation during the long summer month . Arrive Tapovan and camp. Dinner and overnight stay in camp.
DAY TO NANDANVAN
- On this day we start early & head to the great Meru Glacier . After a brief halt to explore Meru Glacier , we trace back to Nandanvan via Gomukh glacier . The route from Tapovan leads from the upper section of the meadow till down and onto the glacier . From Gomukh turn towards Nandanvan ( 4340m ) and steering on right one will be on top of the Gangotri glacier . The glacier runs between two ranges and the landslides make a layer of rocky moraine on the ice which makes the walking easier . The glacier walk is very slippery and a slight lack of concentration would be dangerous . Huge crevasses gaped here and there . After walking for about a kilometer there is a vertical ascent . Big rocks en route offer grips and footholds but many of them are deceptive too . Dinner and overnight stay in tents .
DAY TO VASUKITAL
- Morning trek along with Chaturagi Glacier to reach Vasuki Tal a beautiful base for mt Satopanth and mt Vasuki Parbat with a small lake the trek is steady upward.
DAY TO KHARA PATHER / SURALYA BAMAK
- Today’s trek is of 6 hrs duration .view of mount Satopanth makes the whole experience worthwhile .it is one of the only two 7000+meter peaks in India.
DAY TO SWETA GLACIER
- Today’s trek is of relatively short duration . The campsite is a moraine area filled with rocks and boulders not an ideal campsite but is a must for acclimatization purpose.
DAY TO KALINDI BASE CAMP
- We will start our day early today, it is a short walk, but since most of the trek will be in the Moraine region, it is always good to have time on the way to Chaturangi Glacier which got its name because of the 4 colors (Pink, Yellow, Brown) . ,green) as it appears at this location. This glacial flow emanating from this glacier is a major tributary to the Gangotri galaxy. Today’s camping site is the Kalindi Glacier, just ahead of the opening between the Kalindi Khal/Pass avalanche and the Kalindi Peak.
DAY TO KALINDI KHAL RAJA PARAV
- Today is day D and everyone should get up early in the morning and get ready, climbing the pass is not easy by any standard and hence requires constant movement till we reach the pass. To the people you reach close to, you will realize that all the top and hard work was worth every second. You will get spectacular views of Mount Kamet, Mount Mana, Chandra Parvat Vasuki Mountain and the Tibetan Plateau on a clear day. After crossing the snow-covered terrain, today we will camp in the Raj Parv.
DAY TO ARWA TAL
- A long walk on glacier terrain leads to Arwa Tal
DAY TO GHASTOLI
- After a long walk through the moraines we will reach Ghastoli today. on the way you will see terrain changing dramatically form grey to green a you get closet to Ghastoli .Ghastoli is a beautiful meadow and a treat for the eyes.
DAY TO MANA VILLAGE / BADRINATH
- Drive to down the Mana Pass road to Badrinath.
- We will board a vehicle from Badrinath to Rishikesh, and reach Rishikesh via Joshimath
Kalindi Khal Pass with Great Adventure Gangotri
Contact us for planning your Kalindi Khal Pass with best travel packages of as per your requirements!
INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL MEMBERSHIP
Recognised by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India as Inbound tour operator & Adventure tour operator. Registered with Indian Mountaineering Foundation. ( IMF )
EVENTS BY ACTIVITY
EVENTS BY GRADE
EVENTS BY DURATION
FOLLOW US ON
©2023. greatadventure.in All Rights Reserved.